August 11, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW // UD DUPES: PF "NUDE" E/S PALETTE


Physicians Formula: Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner

Description: Get the nude look for any eye color. Naked and neutral, yet "never boring" shades create modern Nude Eyes. Wet & Dry application for two finishes: wet for dramatic, intense color with ultra long-lasting wear. Transforms shadow into a liner. Dry for a softer result.

Claims: Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Dermatologist approved. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Gluten Free.

I picked this up at Walmart for $10.00 {before sales tax} and the first thing that caught my attention was the packing! It's actually a dead-on match to a bag & makeup case set that I use when I travel, it's so cute I love it! The flap opens up horizontally, instead of vertically, and it also comes with 3 highly pigmented eyeliners!



What made me even more intrigued to purchase this was that I looked at the eye liner trio package that they sold separate from the eye shadow palette, and it was around $9. So it's like you're getting them for free!




You get 9 different shades, however, I found the pigmentation to be a little weak when applying my makeup with a brush. When I did my swatches, I had to do some several layers. This palette definitely needs a good eyeshadow primer to pair up if you want it to last throughout the day.




Another let down that I've come across {so far} is how the shadows aren't separated into their own individual pans. I can see this being a problem later down the road when I've used it a few times, the shadows will eventually begin to overlap, or merge into each other -- so now I have to be extra cautious not to do so.

Overall, this palette is perfect for anyone who wants to try out the Urban Decay Naked Palette, without the pain of having to hash out $50. The obvious difference is the size. I find it quite annoying to carry my naked palette with me when traveling. I love the convenient size of the Physicians Formula palette. Below I have shown some comparison and swatches. I listed the names of the eye shadows in which PF has dupes for:




Stay tuned - I'll soon be uploading a tutorial on a look I made with this palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment